To ALL entrants, I want to let you know that I DO comment on all entries (with the exception of Splitcoast and Flickr) so if you don't see a comment from me, please check to see if there are any comments awaiting moderation or in SPAM. A lot of comments are in SPAM and bloggers don't realize it.

Sunday 3 July 2022

New Challenge Blog!!!

Hi everyone!!! 

This idea has been in my head for quite some time now and I decided this is a great time to get it on the go!!

I will post a child's book cover every month to inspire you to create something. It can be the theme of the book, the color scheme, the layout, the textures/patterns on the cover to name some ideas.

Here are a couple of examples...

I could post this book


and it could inspire a card like this.



Or this book


that could inspire a card like this


It would be a monthly challenge and it would be just for fun and I'd pick my Top 3-5 depending on the number of entries.

If you'd be interested in playing along or even being a guest DT, please leave a message in the comment section for me or use the CONTACT ME form in the right side bar.

If you have any book ideas you'd like to see, post in the comments or use the CONTACT ME form in the right side bar! I'd like to see some of your suggestions, please!!

CHALLENGES WILL START ON AUGUST 1st 12 AM  (Newfoundland Time) and end on the 31st 9 PM (Newfoundland Time)

23 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

What a wonderful idea! I’m excited!!

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

As a certified teacher with 2 different endorsement subjects/levels plus another subject area short-term approval, I can certainly endorse this. What a brilliant way to spark inspiration!!! Marvelous concept with a terrific blog owner! Congrats, Deanne!!!

Marie Bingaman said...

Bridge to Terabithia. 😁

Elizabeth Hart said...

Great idea!

Sari / Granne said...

What a great idea!

Granmargaret said...

Great idea. I look forward to joining in.

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a great idea Deanne! Book covers are wonderful inspiration and I’ve been mourning the Library Challenge since it went on sabbatical. Looking forward to joining in when time allows. Vicky x

MadeByMeghanK said...

Great idea! I would definitely play along!!

Lisa J said...

Good Luck with your new challenge blog. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!! I would play along.
Bonnie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Sounds like fun! xoxo

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun idea! Love the concept!! Looking forward to playing along!

Kate said...

I think it's a brilliant idea! I've been missing the Library challenge! I get so much inspiration from books and while I haven't read any bed time stories for a while now, these are some of my most treasured memories with my children!

Heather said...

Sounds fun! I've been missing TLC, so this is something that could be perfect! Thanks for putting another goodie out there!

Martina said...

I also think it's a great idea.

Chris said...

I love this idea- there are so many wonderful children's books so no end to ideas and inspiration.
xx

stempelfrida said...

Such a lovely idea! I noted it down and will come around to check out your first challenges and meet your DT!

cass said...

Sounds like a lot of fun

ScrappyHorses said...

Yep, I'd definitely play along! I, also, have missed The Library Challenge.

Helen said...

Love the sound of this Deanne - I look forward to playing along!
Helen x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am very excited about this Deanne, and I have MANY ideas for books to use as inspiration. I have worked as a school librarian for thee last 14 years and before that I worked in the book industry in library automation. I would love to send you some ideas later when I have some time! Congrats on your new challenge and I can't wait to play! Stephanie

Janis said...

What a fun and wonderful idea for a challenge. I adore the artwork in children's literature. A small door prize of some easy-to-mail pieces of your extra patterned paper would sweeten the deal!! :)
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

BrendaB said...

This is such a great idea! Looking forward to seeing the challenges!