To ALL entrants, I want to let you know that I DO comment on all entries (with the exception of Splitcoast and Flickr) so if you don't see a comment from me, please check to see if there are any comments awaiting moderation or in SPAM. A lot of comments are in SPAM and bloggers don't realize it.

Saturday 1 June 2024

JUNE Challenge #23 Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt

Happy June!!! This month the book is Up in the Garden and Down in the Dirt by Kate Messner.

Listen to it HERE on Youtube.


There's a guest designer this month!!!

Here's what Rosmarie said about her card.

I was rather drawn to flowers for this card. So I wasn't just inspired by the book cover, but also by my peonies. They are particularly beautiful this year, as are all the flowers and plants this spring. The long period of rain we've had has done them a world of good!
I only used design paper for the card. I cut out two different designs and stuck them onto a gel print made with Distress Inks. 
I added a strip of washi tape to the bottom left. The sentiment is a stamp from Stampin' Up.
I really enjoyed making this card :))

Thanks so much Rosmarie!!!

Here's my project.

My Friendship is Not a Big Thing... card can be found at Cricut Design Space.


Let the story theme, the cover, the layout of the cover, the color scheme (USUALLY not just one color, unless the story permits it!) inspire you to get creative!!!

Here are the Tops for Challenge #22!


#1 Jose

#2 Jackie C

Thanks to the 2 who entered. Greatly appreciated.

I'm surprised that more people didn't participate as I thought there would be Mother's Day projects entered.
You two are invited to be a guest designer, if you choose. 
My email address is deannerc66ATgmail.com (change the AT to @), or use the CONTACT DEANNE in the sidebar, so please contact me because I would love for you to join me next challenge!!

Looking forward to seeing you and your friends participate in our new challenge! Let's see where your creativity takes you!! Please be sure to let me know the book that inspired you!

REMEMBER, you have to use the book/ cover/theme as inspiration.

This is NOT an "anything goes" challenge.

I HAVE to be able to see HOW the book inspired your creation. Thanks!!


1. PLEASE do not back-link. Your projects MUST be new.

2. You can create ANY kind of craft project you like.

3. Please, if it is unclear how you were inspired by the book, let us know.

4. You can enter each challenge up to 5 times, using different projects.

5. Challenge will be posted at the beginning of the month, on the 1st.

6. This challenge is just for FUN!! So, above all, have fun!

7. Top 3/5 will have the opportunity to be guest designer!!


This challenge starts on JUNE 1st at 12 AM and ends at 9 PM on JUNE 30th.(Newfoundland time)

*Please note, entries that do not follow the theme, colors, layout and/or patterns or entries that do not link back to the blog challenge post will not be chosen as a favorite and may be removed.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

Jose said...

Thanks for choosing my card top pick. Congratulations everybody . Grt Jose

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely inspiration cards.